- to modernize an outdated intranet to make it more userfriendly
and allow authorized staff to publish information
without a need for assistance from the IT department
- to make the document management clearer
and more effective
- to improve meeting management allowing for easy
searching of basic information about each meeting, but also
keeping track of the agreed tasks and projects assigned to
individuals or teams
- to create an effective tool to support internal
communication within the company allowing MEDIREX
GROUP companies to build their corporate culture and
share information from their lives
- to create a portal based on Microsoft SharePoint platform supporting enterprise
communication, collaboration and document sharing
- to make use of the built-in features of SharePoint
- to develop special tools and to adapt the system to meet customer’s specific requirements
- a vibrant portal kept up-to-date with the latest corporate news, event calendar and media monitoring
- streamlined and targeted (to individual divisions or departments) content publishing allowing searching for information and people, for instance based on their first name, last name, email address or extension number
- improved meeting planning and creation of a tool allowing managers to see who is working on what task or project and what is their planned completion date
- clearer document management – it is always clear whether or not the document is valid, who and when modified it, who approved it, or what previous versions looked like
- an electronic invoice circulation and approval system
- an effective reporting system with a reach to the lower management levels
The intranet portal put documents in order, simplified and clarified the exchange of information, made the project management easier and supported the development of internal communication.
mutual collaboration and communication of staff is usually not a major problem.
Their legacy corporate portal
In the past MEDIREX GROUP had no such tools. Their corporate intranet was outdated, built on the HTML platform. Publishing was reserved exclusively to the IT department, which was time consuming and inefficient. There was no track record of what happened in the intranet, so it was difficult to hold anybody accountable if some important message was not published in the intranet in due time. In addition, it was not possible to target information specifically to individual divisions or to search, which made the corporate portal not much user-friendly and easy to read.
The situation was similar with document management. Various documents, such as guidelines, instructions or manuals were saved by employees to the central repository in different versions, with made it difficult to see which version is valid, who last revised a document and who, if anybody at all, approved the revision.
In addition to having their intranet and document management improved, managers at MEDIREX also needed a tool that would enable them to better manage their meetings – not just planning, but also to keep track of what was discussed at each meeting and what were the agreed conclusions and tasks.
With respect to internal communication, their legacy intranet offered only photo galleries to store pictures from their company events. Publishing of important information, news and reports for various levels of management was not available. Another issue on the table was a wish to communicate informal company related information to all employees, regardless of the region of Slovakia.
“We’ve demonstrated that not only we were able to fully utilize the builtin features of SharePoint, but also customize and fine-tune the system to meet customer’s specific requirements.“
Applications Business Unit Manager at Soitron
Medirex, a.s. is part of MEDIREX GROUP consisting of 7 companies providing high-quality health care services from prevention, to diagnostics, to treatment of diseases. Members of the MEDIREX GROUP are Medicyt, s.r.o. – cytology laboratories, Medirex, a.s. –laboratories providing comprehensive laboratory diagnostics in Eastern Slovakia, Nemocničná a.s. – operating a hospital in Malacky; Senior – geriatrické centrum, n.o. – providing 24-hour medical care to chronically ill, Medirex Servis, s.r.o. – providing comprehensive operational and logistics services to other companies, and MEDIREX GROUP ACADEMY n.o. – supporting science and research, undergraduate and postgraduate education in health care. The companies also include nationwide HPL microbiological laboratories. The core mission of companies grouped in MEDIREX GROUP is to provide a first-class medical care to every patient. Presently the group has more than 1,600 registered employees.